L’Association de l’Artillerie Royale Canadienne
The 13 th ANNUAL RCAA SEMINAR
“Sustaining the relevance of The Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery
– the strategic campaign plan and family strategy”
0800 – 1600 hours Friday 11 September 2015
0800 - 1100 hours Saturday, 12 September 2015
The 130th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
1100 to 1500 hours Saturday, 12 September 2015
1. This year, our 130th Annual General Meeting and 13th Annual Seminar are being held in Ottawa, Ontario on Friday the 11th September and Saturday the 12th September 2015.
2. We recognize that most serving members travel to attend the RCAA Seminar as a training event. As a courtesy and efficiency measure, we are including the AGM information in the event they are able to attend. Please be aware that members may attend either event or both upon payment of the fee.
3. Both events will be held at the Chateau Laurier.
Activities will be held the Thursday 10th September to Saturday, the 12th September 2015. It is recommended that participants use the 10th September and the 13th September as travel days. Please note: The Meet and Greet is the evening of Thursday the 10th September. Spouses and special guests are welcome to the Meet and Greet.
4. Any member of the RCAA in good standing is eligible, welcome and strongly encouraged to attend the Annual General Meeting. You are reminded that the RCAA is now an all ranks association and units should make their best effort to include non-officer participation. Every member of each unit, regular and reserve is a member of the RCAA as noted at paragraph 5. Others may attend upon approval of the executive RCAA and the payment of the appropriate fee.
Affiliation Membership Fees
5. Regular Force unit membership fees are paid through the RCA Fund which grants membership to each member of the unit. The Reserve unit membership fee is $500.00 per regiment and $200.00 per independent battery and similarly grants membership to each member of the unit. Many honorary appointments prefer to pay their fees separately, if units include fees for honorary appointments, please indicate when submitting payment. Individual, ordinary and associate member fees remain at $50.00 per year. Payment by Credit Card is now offered via postal mail in or fax to our treasurer/secretary – please see the registration form for details. Cheques may be made payable to the RCAA and submitted to the Treasurer either at the AGM or by mail to:
10 Lancewood Crescent
Brampton, Ontario, L6S 5Y6.
6. The outline agenda for the AGM and Seminar is to be issued later as Annex A. As changes occur an updated copy will be posted to the RCAA link www.rcaa-aarc.ca. Copies will also be available upon check in at the Chateau Laurier and at the registration desks noted in paragraph 11. A letter to Units from the Senior Serving Gunner and the Colonel Commandant provides a good summary of what Friday’s Seminar intends to achieve and how.
Seminar and AGM Registration and Payment of Registration Fees (share of venue rental, breakfast, lunch and coffee costs).
7. The registration fee is $240.00. Breakfast, Lunch and coffee breaks for Friday and Saturday are included in the cost (more info to follow when agenda issued). For those who can only attend the RCA Training Event on Friday September 11th the one-day registration fee is $140.00. Accommodation remains the member’s responsibility see paragraph 10. Those who wish to also include their payment for the mess dinner (members only) may, of course, add $110.00 per person to the fee (paragraph 15). Registration fees, including the mess dinner, may be paid in advance by cheque or credit card, and mailed with the registration form or presented with payment at registration. Please see annex B for details.
Registration Forms attached as annex B.
8. Annex B is to be completed by any member attending the AGM and/or Seminar to permit coordination of rations and social events. It is required before 7 September. After that time our ability to provide additional catering is contractually restricted.
9. Members are requested to return their completed Registration Form, Annex B, not later than 7 September 2015 to our secretary Lieutenant-Colonel Donald Hamilton, Secretary/Treasurer RCAA at:
Fax (905)532-5279 or
by mail to
The Secretary RCAA
10 Lancewood Crescent
Brampton, Ontario L6S 5Y6.
Serving unit members are now normally travelling at their own or crown expense.
8. For all members, an Arrival Assistance Group (AAG) will be set up for registration at the following times and locations:
On Thursday, 10 September 2015
- At the location of the Meet and Greet:
1900 – 2100 hrs.
On Friday, 11 September 2015
- At the location of the RCA Training Event:
0730 - 0830 hrs.
8. A block of rooms have been reserved by the RCAA at:
a. Chateau Laurier 1-800-441-1414
c. Special rate of $199 per night. Booking must be done by August 20, 2015. This rate is also good for 3 days prior and 3 days after. ( 07-15 Sep 2015)
12. Please book as soon as possible as; however the special room rate of 199 per night is only available until August 20th. All room costs are payable by the respective member (please see paragraph 7 for meals).
13. Committee Chairmen are requested to provide reports for the annual meeting. The Secretary is especially grateful when he receives reports electronically via e-mail. Presenters must leave a copy of their reports with the Secretary on exiting the podium. These reports will be incorporated into the 2014-2015 Annual Report of the Association.
14. A limited number of copies of the 2013-2014 Annual Report are expected to be available for distribution at the meeting. Members and units will have received an electronic copy during the summer.
Special Guest Night
15. To be held on Friday, 11 September, arrival 1900 for 2000 hours, at the Chateau Laurier. The fee is expected to be $110.00 per member attending. This is normally a member only event however; in special circumstances, the RCAA may approve the invitation of guests as well.
Security and Space Control
13. The Vice President RCAA 2014 is first point of contact for security and allocation of seating at all sessions.
14. Dress for the meetings is jacket and tie for non-serving and DEU with ribbons for serving members. Dress for the group photo is jacket and tie for non-serving and DEU with medals for serving members. Dress for the Meet & Greet is jacket and tie. Dress for the mess dinner is mess kit, black tie, or CF uniform equivalent with medals.
15. Administrative inquiries concerning the meeting and seminar should be directed to:
Lieutenant-Colonel Donald Hamilton,
Email: Sec.firstname.lastname@example.org or
Tel: (416) 918-5650 (Eastern Time) Fax (905) 532-5279
16. Seminar Content and Conduct Inquiries should be directed to:
LCol Donald Dussault (Eastern Time)
(514) 683-5355 or at email: email@example.com
Original signed by
LCol AD Dussault
A Agenda (to be issued)
B Registration Form
Chairman Board of Directors RCAA,
Regimental Colonel RCA,
Regimental Major RCA,
Director of Artillery,
Past President RCAA,
Chairs of Committees,
Units and Members RCAA,
Board of Directors RCAA,
Meeting Organizer RCAA